Fretboard Harmony Part 2! DVD
Featuring more than three hours of video instruction, this extended master class picks up where Mastering Harmony left off and delves deeper into the immense realm of music theory and harmonic principles as practiced in Western music. Instructor Jimmy Brown thoroughly discusses a broad range of harmony-related topics for intermediate to advanced players. He reveals the inner workings of the symmetrical diminished and augmented scales, explores hexatonic scale harmony, explains the chord-scale relationships that exist within the harmonic and melodic minor scales, and demonstrates their most interesting applications, particularly for soloing over exotic chords. As a bonus, Mastering Fretboard Harmony Part 2 comes with a 54-page digital tab booklet that features 294 examples.
The Mastering Fretboard Harmony Part 2 DVD is a Guitar World Online Store EXCLUSIVE. You won't find this product anywhere else!
The Fretboard Harmony Part 2 DVD includes:
Melodic Minor's Most Appealing, Useful Modes
- The Lydian-Dominant Mode
- The Diminished Whole-Tone Scale (a.k.a. The Super-Locrian Mode)
Upper-Structure Harmony: Stacking Thirds
- The Lydian 13 Sharp 11 Chord
- The Lydian Dominant 13 Sharp 11 Chord
- The Dorian Minor 13 Chord
- 13th Chords in the Key of G
- Diatonic Ninth Chords
- The Whole-Half and Half-Whole Diminished Scales
- The Augmented Scale
Add2 (Also Known As ADD9) Chords
- The Major Add2 Chord
- "French Horn Fifths"
- The Minor Add2 (or Add9) Chord
"Borrowing" Chords From the Parallel Minor Key
Diminished Seven Chord Resolutions
- The Leading-Tone Diminished 7
- The Common-Tone Diminished 7
Classical Harmonic Textures and "Tricks"
- Monophony--Unaccompanied Melody
- Homophony--Melody and Chords
- Polyphony (a.k.a. Counterpoint)--Independent Melodic Voices
- Bach's "Bourrage in E Minor"
- "The Star-Spangled Banner"
- Beethoven's "Symphony No. 7 in Major, III"
- The Neapolitan Triad: Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata"
- The Augmented-6 Chord: Beethoven's Fifth Symphony
- The Deceptive Cadence: Beethoven's "Sonata No. 8 ('Pathetique'), II"
- "Evolving" and "Mutating" Progressions: Chopin's "Prelude in E Minor"
- The Basic 12-Bar Blues Progression
- Blues Turnarounds
- The "Sharp-Four" Diminished Seven Chord
- Walking-Bass Chords Over a 12-Bar Blues
- Slow Blues Progressions
- The ii-V-I Progression
- Cyclical Diatonic Progressions
- Adding Passing Chords and Substitutions
- The Minor ii-V-i-VI Progression
- Diminished-7 Chord Substitutions
- The ii-V-I-VI Progression with Voicing Variations and Tensions
- "Coltrane Changes"
Please note: This product includes a PDF booklet on the DVD and can be retrieved by opening the DVD on your computer.