Guitar Aficionado Magazine - Holiday 2009 - Rich Robinson, Cars & Guitars
Guitar Aficionado's Holiday 2009 issue is all about cars and guitars. In this issue, we examine how automotive design has influenced and inspired the guitar industry for more than 50 years, from Fender's custom DuPont Duco color finishes to the new Corvette-branded PRS Standard 22. Our comprehensive cover feature includes full-color photos of classic automotive-inspired guitars, including a 1965 Fender Stratocaster in Foam Green and a 1963 Gibson Firebird in Frost Blue.
Also in this issue:
- Black Crowes guitarist Rich Robinson displays top-flight pieces from his collection of vintage axes, including a 1963 Gibson ES-335, 1963 Gretsch White Falcon and 1975 Guild G 512-SB
- Dallas chef Dean Fearing talks about his hot collection of vintage Fender Telecasters
- Smooth-jazz legend George Benson riffs on cars, guitars and his mentor, Wes Montgomery
- We travel to Bali and the volcanic lakes of Kelimutu in search of music and adventure
- Style with Maroon 5 guitarist James Valentine
Reviews include the custom-order Hamer Talladega Pro electric guitar, the 2010 Jaguar XKR, and Revel Salon2 loudspeakers and Mark Levinson No. 53 power amps. And as always, Guitar Aficionado features the best in spirits, as well as luxury watches and grooming in this issue's holiday gift guide.
Get your copy of Guitar Aficionado's Holiday 2009 issue today for $9.99, and find out why it has become the most talked-about guitar magazine of its time.