Guitar Legends - Metallica
Guitar Legends: Metallica takes you step by step through the group's three-decade journey: from their start as a band of young thrash upstarts to their current status as one of the greatest metal acts of all time.
This information-and-photo-packed issue takes you through each part of Metallica's career, including their formation, personnel changes, the tragic loss of Cliff Burton, James Hetfield's stint in rehab and--of course--the group's groundbreaking albums.
To make this an even better deal, Guitar Legends: Metallica includes tablature (with bass lines) to five classic Metallica songs, plus a lesson with Kirk Hammett, in which he teaches you the techniques that made him a metal master.
All this and more can be found in Guitar Legends: Metallica
Guitar Legends: Metallica includes:
- The History of Metallica: An A-to-Z overview of the most magnificent metal act of all time.
- Prime Cuts: Kirk Hammett and James Hetfield reflect on some of Metallica's brightest moments.
- Monsters of Rock: Back in 1988, Metallica took America by storm on the Monsters of Rock tour and with the massive album ...And Justice for All. For 25-year-old Kirk Hammett, it was an occasion that marked the guitarist's first of many Guitar World cover interviews.
- Master of Puppets: In the early Eighties, Metallica were considered by their peers to be young, loud dickheads in cheap denim. With the release of their 1986 epic, Master of Puppets, they were declared geniuses--young, loud, dickhead geniuses.
- Cliff Burton: The Metallica bassist's last 24 hours.
- The "Black Album": Just weeks from completing Metallica's breakthrough hit album, James Hetfield and Kirk Hammett invited Guitar World into the studio for a revealing talk about their metal masterpiece.
- A Lesson with Kirk Hammett: Kirk Hammett demonstrates the techniques and theoretical approach that have made him a hard rock legend.