Guitar Legends - Rock In Peace
Some died young, some died old. All paid their dues with guitar in hand. Guitar Legends: Rock in Peace looks at the late, great ax slingers of blues, rock, metal and jazz. From the final performances of Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain to the legendary moments of late greats such as George Harrison, this issue commemorates the guitar gods that left too soon.
Guitar Legends: Rock in Peace also includes song transcriptions (complete with basslines) for five songs that feature the greatest of the latest. This issue is now available for only $9.99. Get your copy while supplies last!
This Rock in Peace special features legends such as:
- Dimebag Darrell: A look back on the life and times of the original cowboy form hell, whose explosive style and livewire personality forever changed the face of heavy metal guitar.
- Jimi Hendrix: Read all about the last gig Jimi Hendrix ever played. Billed as Europe's answer to Woodstock, the ironically titled Love + Peace Festival was marred by appalling weather, marauding Hells Angels and arson.
- Kurt Cobain: On March 1, 1994, Nirvana played their last show before Kurt Cobain's untimely death. We give you a first-hand look at the band's last performance.
- Randy Rhoads: On March 18, 1982, Randy Rhoads performed live for the last time in his life.
- George Harrison: He was the soft-spoken lead guitarists for the Beatles, the world's greatest rock group. But George Harrison's playing shook up the world and helped create guitar rock and roll.
- Frank Zappa: A visionary composer, genius guitarist and hilariously acerbic social critic, Frank Zappa continues to be an indisputable force long after his death. Read all about the "Grand Wazoo" in his own words.
- Chuck Schuldiner: He called his band Death, but Chuck Schuldiner loved life, family and the most brutal metal imaginable. Learn all about death metal's pioneer and spiritual guide in this comprehensive biography.