Keyboard - Feb 2013 - Regina Spektor
Dave Brubeck, 1920-2012. A true giant of jazz piano has gone to gig with the angels, and some of today’s best and brightest stars share their memories of Mr. Brubeck and his far reaching influence in this tribute.
What does it take to hold down the keyboard chair behind country music superstar Brad Paisley? We hear from the man who has that enviable job, Kendal Marcy.
Erik Norlander: Keeper of the prog flame. Solidly in the tradition of players like Emerson and Wakeman, Erik Norlander also owns what’s arguably the world’s largest mobile modular synth.
- Five ways to play like Regina Spektor
- Scholar Dan Haerle on why you know more chords than you think
- Helio Alves on the basics of Samba piano
- Powered speakers that make great keyboard amps, part 1
- Muse Receptor VIP: the sweet spot for taking soft synths onstage?
- Mackie DL1608: is iPad control the future of live band mixing?
- Native Instruments The Giant: uniquemonster upright piano sampled