Playing Secrets DVD Quadruple Pack
Introducing our Playing Secrets Quadruple Pack - including the newest Angus Young Playing Secrets DVD, as well as similar instructional DVDs with some of the greatest guitarists of all time - Duane Allman, Jimmy Page, and Jimi Hendrix. Worth almost $60, we dropped the price of this 4 DVD set to only $29.99. By purchasing this quadruple pack you get:
Angus Young Playing Secrets
Long-time Guitar World Associate Editor, columnist and transcriber Andy Aledort masterfully teaches you how to play like the legendary Angus Young of AC/DC.
He does this in the most effective way possible—by looking at Angus' playing style and techniques, as featured on five classic AC/DC songs: "Back in Black," "Highway to Hell," "You Shook Me All Night Long," "Hell's Bells" and "For Those About to Rock."
But rather than just show you how to play these songs, Andy provides invaluable insight into Angus' signature approach to both rhythm and lead playing, including:
- the guitarist's go-to scales and fretboard patterns
- unique, shimmering finger vibrato and soulful blues-rock-style string bending techniques
- use of open strings and double-stops in licks
- how he combines open chords, barre chords and single-note bass melodies to forges huge-sounding hard rock riffs
Duane Allman Playing Secrets
Long-time Guitar World Associate Editor Andy Aledort masterfully teaches you how to play like the legendary Duane Allman!
Focusing mostly on the relevant keys of A, E, G and D, Andy presents the foundational elements of Duane's single-note soloing style in standard tuning, teaching you everything you need to know. You’ll learn:
- Scales that Allman used most often, namely minor and major pentatonic
- Major and minor hexatonic
- The Dorian mode and dominant pentatonic
- Various melodic patterns
- Duane's use of chromatic passing tones, both in fixed positions and up and down single strings
- Allman's celebrated slide guitar style and technique in open E tuning
Tabs to play along! and more
Jimmy Page Playing Secrets, Vol. 1: Electric Style
In this 100+ minute DVD, long-time Guitar World Senior Music Editor and lifelong guitar-playing Led Zeppelin fan Jimmy Brown teaches you how to play, sound and improvise on the electric guitar like the great Jimmy Page, one of the most creatively brilliant and prolific innovators in the world of rock music.
Topics covered include gear, tone production, use of effects and rhythm playing techniques, such as thumb fretting and exotic and “jazzy” chord voicing. Topics also covered are:
- Page’s signature lead playing techniques and phrasing elements such as string bending, bending behind the nut, finger vibrato, go-to scale patterns and fretboard shapes
- Live improvising on classic Led Zeppelin songs
- Slide playing in standard, open G and open A tunings,
- Using DADGAD tuning to create a Celtic, “mystical” vibe
- Bonus! How to Emulate Jimmy's sound and play with a bow
- Tabs to play along! and more
Jimi Hendrix Playing Secrets
With 60 minutes of instruction, Jimi Hendrix Playing Secrets will help you learn all of Jimi Hendrix's essential rhythm and lead guitar techniques. This DVD includes his go-to soloing patterns, extended pentatonic and blues-scale positions, signature phrasing and articulations, string bending, vibrato and whammy bar usage, strummed octaves, thumb fretting and chord embellishments, plus essential gear and how to recreate Jimi's tone! Learn:
- Essential Scales and Licks - E Minor Pentatonic and E Blues
- Moving Through E Minor Pentatonic and E Blues-scale Positions
- Rhythmic Syncopations and Permutations
- Organ-style pedal-point licks
- Strummed Octaves and Playing Up and Down the Neck
- Two-note Harmonies and Whammy Bar Usage
- Tabs to play along! and more
Please note: To access the written music for this DVD, insert the disc into your PC or Mac computer and browse the disc for the PDF.