KeyBoard - June - 2012 Norah Jones & Steve Duda
NORAH JONES - Multiple-Grammy-winning artist Norah Jones discusses how she created her latest album, Little Broken Hearts. With Danger Mouse (a.k.a. Brian Burton) at the helm, Jones delves into deeper, often darker tonal territory, framing each of the album’s 12 songs in cinematic sonorities.
STEVE DUDA - The kids know him as Deadmau5’s BFF and half of their electro-tech side project, BSOD. Old-schoolers know him as part of Trent Reznor’s Nothing Collective, where he contributed sound design to Nine Inch Nails’ album The Fragile. Tech geeks know him as the inventor of FXpansion’s BFD virtual drum instrument—not to mention his own envelope-pushing music software, like Nerve. Here, he shares his insights on programming, production, and the future of musical collaboration.
• Learn Clave concepts to incorporate Afro-Cuban piano flare into your own Latin and jazzexplorations.
• Get tips on power warm-ups.
• We examine three digital room correction systems and give you the lowdown.
• Casio XW-P1
• Rob Papen Blade
• Way Out Ware SynthX
• The art of synth soloing: Sweep dual filters for soaring sounds.
• Make a top loop out of anything.
and much more!